The Ubiquitous Staff Holiday Party

I went grocery shopping last night. My fridge was on E literally. I had one Spanish white onion and a bag of shriveled carrots in there... oh yeah, let's not forget the apples gone soft. Shameful, shameful. I love food, but hate grocery shopping. I usually do one large trip every couple of weeks. I try to do little stops in between those two or three weeks, but it's so hard with work and everything else. Anyway, it's fully stocked now and it's happy. When the fridge is empty, somehow the buzzing sounds seems a little bit louder. A sad cry for nourishment, maybe? Anyway, I really loathe going to the supermarket... which is another reason why I wait so long to go. I get frazzled. Particulary when there're huge amounts of people there. I try to go really early or sorta late. Either way, with Thanksgiving around the corner, it was packed. I practically had a borderline anxiety attack. I almost come away from my grocery store experience, having forgotten some condiment or something. This time it was ketchup and mustard. Anyhow, I try not to be so neurotic about some things. I can't really explain my neuroses, but it's apparent and practically cripples me sometimes. Especically when it comes to germs and too many people in my space. I hope I'm not O.C. or anything. I do think I have a little bit of "Monk" in me... but I'm not totally incapacitated. So I guess I'm okay. Anyway, I also bought a couple bottles of red. That Australian Shiraz knocked me off of my ass last night. I fell woke up on top of the covers, half dressed, confused with a wicked taste in my mouth... fuzzy teeth and all. Needless to say, I was late for work. I need to get my shit together. It was almost like I had a freakin' party for one. I honestly can't explain why I'm late sometimes. I hate rushing and I hate being late. It's not often that I am, but it's frequent enough, that it bugs me. There's really no reason for my tardiness. It's like some weird power play between me and time. I will lay there in bed, constantly hitting snooze every 9 minutes, rather than getting my ass up and at 'em. Like I said, I need to get my act together and stop bullshitting and procrastinating about stuff. Stop procrastinating about writing and getting my book materials together, stop procrastinating about laundry, stop procrastinating about going to the f'ing grocery store. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to ease into things. I know I'm not depressed... I don't feel depressed. (sigh) Anyway, I'll figure something out. Perhaps I should schedule a lobotomy or something. I know I've got some wicked stuff in my head. Anyway, the staff party is looming around the corner. I still haven't decided whether or not I want to go. It'll be held at a nearby bowling alley. I think I've had enough of fraternizing with my co-workers. It's always so weird to see them outside the realm of the museum. At work some of them are a bunch of jerks, but in social settings they seem pretty low key... I think it's the alcohol, which is a crying shame. One would think that said jerks would want to act human on a consistent basis. Anyway, I think I've O.D. ed with hanging out with co-workers. I'm still deciding. I have 'til Dec. 7th. Decision 2004 1/2 hahaha

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiffie!

Glad to see you're still considering the big event! I love reading your articles.

bises,

Cat