Ouch! Please don't make fun of me...

So, how did I spend the bulk of my work day?

Sitting in an emergency room, waiting to see a doctor for some special ointment... because my obssession with body hair removal, went awry, this past Sunday night.

I basically burned off the skin under my armpits... and now it looks like lunch meat.

A disgusting mound of pink flesh, exposed and ugly in all its glory.

It feels as if someone chained me up, arms first, and threw battery acid underneath my armpits, in some sick, sadomasochistic act of passion.

I've been ordered NOT to wear deodorant for 2 weeks, much to my chagrin, but was informed I can dab a little baby powder under my armpits, sparingly.

I'm allergic to smelling bad, so I'll probably shake out half the container.

The sad part is, the halter top I ordered arrived today, but I probably wont get to wear it, until July, at least... maybe mid to late June.

The plus side of this lesson? I got a prescription for Vicodin (to which one of my supervisors exclaimed, "Do you know how much that stuff goes for on the streets??") and some Silverdine ointment.

I think I'll stick to the razor and waxing from now on. I say this now, as I sit here, suffering silently, in red hot pain, the skin underneath my armpits missing… pink flesh exposed. I've been told that recovery will take one to two weeks. The coloring restored to complete normalcy, in about six months.

Some lessons are downright torturous.

5 comments

Amadeo said...

Yay for men being expected to be hairy...I was going to say the same thing about the Vicodin...at least you can get some money out of this.

Anonymous said...

im begging ya.....DONT SHAVE YER SNAPPER. you cant be trusted....lmao

Amadeo said...

By the way Cocoa Butter is great for healing burns.

TiffJ said...

@ aba boy: Ouch is right. It hurts like hell.

@ Amadeo: hahahah. Like four of my colleagues at work have made me aware of the street value of Vicodin. They each had a devious twinkle in their eyes. I am never w/out Cocoa Butter, by the way. Right now, I'm just waiting for the burning to subside, before I apply anything else, other than the ointment. Loves some Cocoa Butter though!

@bea gass: I'm usually successful with shaving my um, "snapper" and everything else. I just needn't ever use Nair any more. lol. Imagine if it weren't my pits that this happened to. I don't even WANNA imagine that.

emeralda said...

oh my god. coffeey!!!!!!!!!
um thats piranha from her new other blog ;-) but anyways, hey, i am also somewhat obsessed with the hair removal and maybe..um...in our coffee talk somewhen in the future we can include that in the 'to talk about topics' lol
like, um, warriors, exchanging info....

love, hope it will be good soon

emeralda (for now)