B'day and Repulsion

Thanks to the bornday well-wishers. I am officially a year away from being 30 years old! I also got my b’day cupcakes. They were quite moist, frosty, and delicious! I consumed (sans any guilt whatsoever) at least half a dozen of them! I’m still salivating as I type this, having polished off the last few over the course of this week. My mother sent me home with a dozen sumptuous cupcakes, warning me that eating all of them all by me lonesome, would result in a wicked case of mud-butt or "the runs" as she termed it. Having this warning looming in the back of my mind, I decided not to be selfish, and opted to share many of them with several of my coworkers (much to their delight). So yes, it was a fun, mellow, and family-filled day. I decided to reserve my wild, party behavior for my 30th born day! Never-mind party like it’s 1999, try 2099. Other than that , the past few days have been relatively low-key... filled with work and voracious reading. I watched a few interesting films, one of note being Roman Polanski’s Repulsion, which stars a very young Catherine Deneuve, as a young , solitary Londoner (by way of Belgium)- living with her much older sister (who’s busy with her ongoing affair with a married man)- whose sexual repression and loneliness manifests itself into manic behavior. Watching this woman slowly come undone was ‘right chilling. Her neuroses is presented from her (the victim’s) perspective sans a third-party’s intervention. It was quite insane. I think the one thing that unnerved me the most is that this sort of mental unraveling can, indeed, be true-to-life. Solitude and frigidity can drive a person mad. I live alone- (and while I’m not frigid or sexually repressed thank goddess)- The simplest noises such as, the humming of the refrigerator, can seem exaggerated. I swear I’ve been having hallucinatory visuals out the corners of my eyes! Anyway, before anybody speculates as to why that may be, let me just say that, contrary to what most people may think, I don’t not take drugs, or smoke funny ciggies. Anyway, it’s wild. It’s definitely worth it, to check this film out. P.S. Happy Bornday Cat! We’re moving on up in the world! I'll still be 30 y.o. before you though. plllltttt ;op

5 comments

chrome said...

hey happy b'day. lol @mudd butt.

seen repulsion on the video shop's shelf and passed. will have to get it next. not lived alone for years now and sometimes do miss my own damn company.

comebacknikki said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cupcakes. I firmly believe cupcakes make everything better.

Anonymous said...

Here's to another year of gaining knowledge. Of which you do not waste.

Feliz and best of wishes I know it was somthing special even if you didn't go out with a bang.

Amadeo said...

Happy belated personal new year. I remember when 30 was so old and far away, now I think...wasn't I going to be rich by now when I planned this in my head? I'd like my last 10 years back please.

Unknown said...

I SO looked forward to turning 30 - and it was every bit as good as I'd hoped
TRUST ME - you barely even notice when you turn 30 - AAAAAAND you ALSO start to feel relief - NO KIDDIN G- RELIEF - that you're no longer in your 20s!

BTW - Repulsion - have ALWAYS wanted to see that, but I had NO IDEA it was a Polanski movie - i should have guessed I supposed LOL!