In Which I Wax Nostalgic About the Laws of Dating, My Uterus, and My Life

(c)Coffee Rhetoric
Aside from stumbling into an impromptu date here and there, I decided some months ago not to invest anymore stock, time, or energy actually searching for a date or trying to figure out why navigating the mechanics of dating sucks so hard. I've come to the conclusion that is just is what it is. Fumbling towards ecstasy seems to be the way to go. As I continue to hone my socialite life and fledgling writing/social media career past the point of starving artist, I've met the myriad of personalities and have literally stumbled into impromptu dates... fun ones sans the tension and anxiety of planned meetings ... I find that this works for me, sometimes. The pressure is off and I remain focused. These realizations hit me every year that I get older. 
Gone are the days where I feel the need to explain myself, my actions, my life or engage questions such as "What do you  do?" "Explain why you do..." and "Do you have any children?" <- (my least favorite question).  
It does offer the opportunity to choose from an assortment of obnoxious answers, however, or not to answer at all... slyly changing the subject.
 The fact of the matter is, I feel okay with not wanting to have any children or settle down... exploring my options as I see fit and not opening up those issues for scrutiny or debate. Ofttimes I feel comfortable with my personal choices and life. Unless someone's making a hefty deposit into my checking account to help toward my livelihood... depositing their two cents is non-negotiable. Being 33 allows me to feel okay with struggling toward the finish line in my race to accomplish my goals. 
(c)Coffee Rhetoric
The struggle (especially in this economy) is frustrating and exasperating, and I've faced several obstacles head on this year (reluctantly so in some instances), but it's a beautiful struggle nonetheless and it belongs to me... no one else. During this... my own personal triathlon, I try to find the balance between feeling frustrated and just simply enjoying myself... and so I may take a small detour and enjoy life's pleasures... such as perusing products on display... 
(c)Coffee Rhetoric
and taking in some theater productions  featuring the art of interpretive dance... 
 It's a gradual journey and I'm extremely hopeful, hungry, resolute, humbled, and driven. 

1 comment

rubyphoenix (Tianna Glass) said...

ah yes, the thea-tah. I believe I've seen that show, The Lyin' Down King, right?